Thursday, September 18, 2014

    To my fellow writer and competition, I respect your work. I find it inspiring to have a writer that likes to think in the same mind set, but I digress I find your work lacking of morals and very dark. you do put some heavy symbolism in your work. I have two questions about your work with the black cat, first is the second cat just the first one but came back. secondly The pen knife i think has no real interpretation, but a colleague of mine has thought otherwise.
    
    sincerely,
    Hawthorne

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Hawthorne,
    I hear your opinions and respect them. I enjoy that you find deeper meaning about my cats and pen knife in my story, but i think you might be disappointed by my next comments. First, about the cats, the second cat is an entirely new cat. The first cat was killed by the narrator. Cats don't come back to life regardless of the saying that they have nine lives. It is a new cat, that is why i make a specific not of saying it is differently colored in places. I thought that was made clear. Secondly, about the pen knife. There is no deeper meaning behind the fact that I made the narrator use a pen knife to remove the cats eye. The narrator most likely grabbed the first sharp object he could find to remove its eye. Please let me know if there are any more questions i can answer of yours.

    -Poe

    ReplyDelete