Thursday, October 30, 2014

10/30/14
10:12
Two summers ago I was stung by a jellyfish. I was on a vacation trip with my family at a beach in North Carolina. We all would go to the pool, which in my mind was a bit counterintuitive considering where at a beach. My cousin and I where bored and decided to go to the beach and throw a ball. We got into the water about chest deep. After a while I notice something crossing in front of me. Then I realized that it was a jellyfish and ran out to the shore. I was stung pretty bad across my chest. It felt like being hit with a switch about a hundred times in the same spot. I found my family and I trying to show off I showed off my stings. My mother and grandmother both freaked out trying to ask if I was okay. My cousin also joked about him helping me by peeing on my chest. I found a lifeguard who told me I could either pee on it or use some vinegar to help tame the sting. My cousin found this hilarious considering id either get peed on or smell like a salad. I got the dressing and smothered myself in it. The pain went away after about an hour. The burn went away in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment